Custom Search

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Sesame Green Bean

I love shopping the farmer market for vegetables for my home. We often eat them raw or in a simple dish to let the vegetable shine through. I have shared with you all how to store green beans but here is a recipe that you can use with the green beans whether quick frozen or that you purchase. Yes, if you were not aware you can eat green beans raw. There is another way that we love to prepare green beans. It is with an Asian flare in a recipe we call Sesame Green Beans. It is a Martha Stewart original recipe





Sesame Green Beans
from Martha Stewart

serves 4

1 lb. green beans, trimmed
2 t. rice vinegar
1/2 t. toasted sesame oil
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 t. sesame seeds



1. Set a steamer basket in a large pot. Fill with enough water to come just below basket; bring to a boil. Add green beans to basket; reduce heat to a simmer. Cover, and cook until crisp-tender, 15 to 20 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil; season with salt and pepper. Add green beans and sesame seeds; season with salt and pepper, and toss.

2 comments:

  1. I also love the farmer's market and simple healthy recipes like your green been recipe with sesame. Actually my husband likes to put sesame seeds and sesame oil on everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can just imagine how many great recipes you all must have. thanks for leaving comment and stopping by for visit

      Delete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post