Custom Search

Saturday, February 4, 2017

World Cancer Day



Understanding Cancer
Most of us have relatively well behaved cells in our bodies. Cancer happens when some cells get out of control. A normal cell knows how to grow and divide to make new cells, and knows when to stop and die. But a cancer cell isn't a normal cell. It grows and spreads too fast and it won't die. 

When all cancer cells clump together they form a tumor. Tumors grow to damage the part of the body where they start. The tumors can spread or metastasize to other organs where even more damage is done. 


Our family like many others have been affected by Cancer. From my childhood best friend to my grandparents I have lost many that I love. I hope one day they will find a cure for Cancer and rid this world of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post