Custom Search

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Spring Seems To Be Arriving Early



Let the little birds sing;
Let the little lambs play;
Spring is here; and so 'tis spring; --
But not in the old way!

I recall a place
Where a plum-tree grew;
There you lifted up your face,
And blossoms covered you.

If the little birds sing,
And the little lambs play,
Spring is here; and so 'tis spring --
But not in the old way!


~~ Edna St. Vincent Millay from 'Three Songs of Shattering'


I hear more people saying that spring seems to be peaking out at them in their corner of the world. Winter has not been as harsh as it has been in the past. This year it seems that we have had a dusting of snow or two with the temps being cold but not below zero as we have seen before. Our weather for this time of year has been very warm and as I hear from my friends the geese have arrived in many places and spring birds have started playing as well. Mother Nature is either a bit messed up and going mild upon us or is missing spring and wants us to enjoy it even longer. My husbands only thought is that the mild winter may leave us with an extra hot summer. What is the weather like in your neck of the woods??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post