Custom Search

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Autumn Chopped Salad

This salad offers a bit of autumn flavors. With pears, pecans, bacon and cranberries the flavors go together well and shine in this salad of romaine. Enjoy




Autumn Chopped Salad

*6 to 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
*2 medium pears, chopped
*1 cup dried cranberries
*1 cup chopped pecans
*8 slices thick-cut bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
*4 to 6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
*Poppy seed Salad Dressing (I like T. Marzetti)
*Balsamic Vinaigrette (I like Newman’s Own Light Balsamic Vinaigrette)

On a large platter, combine the lettuce, pears, cranberries, pecans, bacon and feta cheese. Drizzle generously with poppy seed dressing, followed by some of the balsamic vinaigrette. (I would estimate that I used about a cup of dressing: 70 percent poppy seed dressing and 30 percent balsamic vinaigrette) If you prefer your salad to have more dressing, feel free to experiment with the combination.

recipe source here

4 comments:

  1. I love preparing salads because it's easy and it's light, perfect for lunch especially if you're feeling a little lazy to cook. I'd love to give this recipe a try! It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that it has pears and cranberries. Two of my faves butI have neer had them together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love adding fruit! Always so good, I like to add pineapples thats my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like the combination of fruit and vegetables in a salad

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post