Custom Search

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

National Rice Pudding Day


National Rice Pudding Day occurs on August 9th every year. So on this date try some rice pudding or better yet make up some rice pudding and share with family and friends. You may find it to be amazing as it can be served both hot or cold. It can be dressed up in many different ways as well.



1/2 pound long grain white rice, cooked (still warm)
1 quart milk
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon butter
1/4 cup milk (additional)
1/2 cup raisins
1. Add the milk to the warm rice, mix thoroughly.
2. Add sugar, cinnamon, and raisins. Mix well.
3. Melt teaspoon of butter, add 1/4 cup milk. Heat through but do not boil.
3. Place rice mixture in an oven safe dish and pour butter-milk mixture on top.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F and bake for 25 minutes or until browned.

3 comments:

  1. This Rice pudding looks really good! even though I am not a fan it still looks very enjoyable

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandma used to make this when I was little. I loved it. I'm going to add it to the menu. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post