Custom Search

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Curling is cool day


February 23rd is the day to celebrate one of my all time favorite sports. I first watched curling during the winter olympics. I thought it was so cool. Curling is cool day is a day to learn about the sport and maybe even take a chance to play a game or two. 




The sport began in Scotland in the 1500's. Curling is a team sport where players slide heavy granite stones down a sheet of ice at a circular target area. The curling tournament itself is known as a bonspiel. As I stated I first watched it during the olympics but did not have any idea it has only been an official sport in the winter olympic games since 1998. It was part of the olympic games in 1924. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post