Custom Search

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Savory Snack Crackers

I grew up where the winter months doubled as soup months. The delicious aroma that would rise to meet you at the door when mom was in the kitchen cooking. The warm soup would fill us up and make us feel so warm inside. I will never forget those evenings in the winter time, the delicious soup and sandwich meals and later playing card games with the family. Yes those were some great memories. To a young girl growing up I never really understood how important those nights were. Now that I am grown with children and grandchildren of my own I know what those soup nights meant..... they meant love and family.

The  next time you have a family soup night or perhaps it will be the first time. Either way you may want to try these delicious crackers to go along with the meal that is not only filling but also feeling


2 pkg. (or boxes) oyster crackers  (I don’t remember the exact size.  Anyone have a box in your pantry?)
1 1/2 c.  cooking oil  (vegetable, canola… something not healthy like that)
4 tsp. dill weed
1 tsp. lemon pepper
3 Tbsp. dry ranch dressing mix
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder

Pour crackers in a large bowl.  Mix the rest of the ingredients together and pour over crackers.  Stir until well coated.  Spread out onto 2 cookie sheets.  Bake at 200° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.  Cool.  Store in an airtight container.
Serve with soup or as a tasty appetizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post