Custom Search

Sunday, December 7, 2014


My mother was always famous for her German Chocolate Cake and I can not tell you the number of times my oldest son has requested it for his birthday. Oh yes you can say that German Chocolate with the Pecan coconut Icing is something special in our house. When I found this awesome recipe for German Chocolate Cookies I thought yep have to try this one and must say we love them.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1 box Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® Swiss Chocolate Mix
1/3 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup butter, softened
8 oz semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans (walnuts are another option)

Mix the first 4 ingredients together in a mixer. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Drop by tsp onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.

The Frosting:
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk (smallest can they make)
2 egg yokes
1/3 cup butter
1 1/2 cup flaked coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Combine sugar, evaporated milk, egg yokes and butter in a medium sauce pan. Cook and stir on medium heat until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat and immediately add coconut, pecans and vanilla. Continuing to stir until thick, once cool spread on cooled cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post