Custom Search

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Jail House Rock Cake

I have many memories of being a kid. Back when I grew up was a good life. The one occasion that I will never forget and one that was a very sad moment was when I came in from outside playing with my sister and friends and found my mom crying in the living room. It seems "The King" Elvis Presley had died and the world seemed to stop for a short period of time. This past week was the memory week of the day Elvis died all those many years ago. In many hearts the King will live and his music for sure will never be forgot. The cake recipe I share here brings back some of those earlier moments of the reign of Elvis Presley when life seemed so much easier.
 
 
 
 
Elvis Presley Cake: (Jail House Rock)
 
 


 White cake mix
8oz can crushed pineapple
1 c. sugar...
8oz pkg Cream Cheese
1/2 c. butter, softened
3 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2-3 c crushed pecans

Bake a white cake, cool and poke holes in it. Boil crushed pineapple with juice and 1cup of sugar then pour over cool cake. In large bowl mix cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar. Add vanilla and crushed pecans, mix good and put on cake.


shared at
Weekend Potluck
Church Sunday
Give Me The Goods Monday
Little Sweet Pea Meatless Monday
Monday Funday
 
party
”Making

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post